Test Engineer Austin, USThe Test Engineer will evaluate and execute procedures for maintaining high standards of quality and reliability for all software developed for retail, mobile and online distribution. This position is responsible for developing and executing tests on new and existing products to ensure that they meet requisite functional and technical compliance and maintain high overall product quality. Test Engineers will also Interface with other Social Gaming staff to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all software is working as intended through rigorous, detailed testing
- Uses familiarity with standard QA processes to review bugs, test cases, and create documentation
- Develops, maintains, and executes test plans and test scripts for new and existing game themes and operating systems/platforms
- Documents, maintains, and tracks the status of all issues in the bug tracking database (JIRA) until issues are resolved
- Reproduce issues when necessary in order to assist software development in resolving issues
- Generates status reports, documentation, and and other low-level reports for supervisors and/or product development groups
- Works with QA Management and other product development groups to implement new QA processes and improve existing ones
- Communicates with other departments within Social Gaming to prevent issues from arising and correct existing problems during the development cycle
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years of professional software testing experience
- Experience with JIRA
- Web/Mobile testing experience is a plus
- QA experience in Social Media Gaming is a plus
- Experience in a Software Development environment
- Proficient understanding of software test methodologies/procedures and the overall product development lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Efficiently regulate and prioritize tasks
- Meet quick deadlines and deliver precise, effective results in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong technical knowledge of computers/mobile devices and ability to effectively troubleshoot computers/mobile devices
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Senior ProducerAustin, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerAustin, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US
Analytics EngineerChattanooga, US
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources InternCedar Falls, US