Systems Engineer Chicago, USAs a member of the Development Operation team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for working collaboratively with others across a number of distributed data center environments. The Systems Engineer will ensure proper function and efficiency of all production systems and their respective applications to include deployments, configurations, operations management, security, monitoring and alerting, as well as, directly troubleshooting and resolving incidents as may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ensure the successful and continued operation of systems and services
· Manage dashboards for and the monitoring of the operating environment
· Provide administration of infrastructure equipment; VmWare and SAN Hardware
· Monitor and respond to systems outages as required by 24x7 operation
· Work as a member of a project team to deliver new business systems
· Review and patch systems as required
· Maintain security and control of all operating systems
· Serve as a member of the “Change Control Board”
· Complete status, systems utilization, and other required reports for management
· Ensure the successful backup and restoration capabilities for all systems
· Recommend changes and enhancements
· Perform related duties as assigned
· Experience managing *nix and Microsoft environments
- Ability to obtain state gaming license
· Authorized to work in the US on full-time basis
Physical Requirements: Office environment.
Work Conditions: May require evenings and weekends. Travel not expected, but subject to change.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Interactive is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that Scientific Games Interactive conducts business. If you are requested by Scientific Games Interactive to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with Williams Interactive may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Scientific Games Interactive encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelor of Science in Information Science/Systems, or equivalent experience and industry certifications
Required Experience Minimum of 5+ years of systems administration experience or systems consulting experience
Recent Job Postings
Junior SW EngineerManchester, GB
Associate SW EngineerManchester, GB
Test EngineerManchester, GB
IT Support AnalystCedar Falls, US
Systems EngineerChicago, US
Scrum MasterChicago, US
Senior Game DesignerCedar Falls, US
Senior UI/UX DesignerChicago, US
PPC ManagerCedar Falls, US