Software Engineer Chattanooga, USThe Software Engineer works as part of a team to develop new features, enhancements, and compelling game experiences for players. They must ensure the delivery of high quality, maintainable code that meets all product requirements. This person should be self-motivated and passionate about building great games.
- Design, implement, and maintain features in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Analyze, identify, and eliminate bottlenecks and errors and ensure efficiency and reliability of code
- Contribute to the development of new/innovative game play features and interfaces
- Work in an Agile software environment, participating in daily standups, sprint plannings, code reviews, and other meetings as required
- Create and update technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 years of software development experience
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Distributed application (client/server) development experience
- Game development experience
- Experience in UI development
- Starling game engine experience
- Game development using Actionscript 3 and Starling (Flash and AIR for mobile)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming techniques and languages
- Git, Mercurial, SVN, or other version control software
- Agile software development using project management software
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Test EngineerAustin, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US
Analytics EngineerChattanooga, US
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources InternCedar Falls, US
Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)Austin, US
Temporary Copywriter and Community ManagerAustin, US