Senior Video Artist Cedar Falls or Chicago, USSenior Video Artists are responsible for re-purposing and modifying existing in-game art to produce complex videos, gameplay/app trailers, animations, and other forms of live video content. Senior Video Artists are also expected to serve as a mentor to younger artists and have expert artistic abilities in drawing, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation.
- Strong Adobe After Effects skills, ideally with demonstrable experience in motion graphics.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Strong creative thinking, exhibiting a range of varied styles and techniques.
- Mentor junior artists within the studio.
- Good understanding of video formats, compression techniques and format requirements.
- Create exemplary art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets to create compelling and engaging content.
- Work closely with fellow Artists, and the Art Manager, producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members.
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Working with in-game assets to create “polished” gameplay videos.
- Creating video ads for 3rd party networks.
- Working with marketing team to conceptualize and produce custom animations.
- Contribute to the art team in developing visual assets and to optimize production work flow.
Education: AAS or BAS in Motion Graphics, Animation, or equivalent.
*note : artistic experience technical savvy required.*
Required Experience: 5 years previous experience as a Motion Graphics Designer or Video artist.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to storyboard and “pre-render” concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of how to design art for various themes and games.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Solid traditional drawing and rendering abilities
- Ability to optimize art and animation for various devices/outputs.
- Samples of work (AVI, MP4, or website)
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
- Portfolio Submission (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Working files: please send us a sample of your Photoshop, Flash, After Effect and/or Illustrator files (working files please). We want to see how you organize and setup your art. The files will be accessed before your live interview.
- Samples of sketch work (sketchbook or loose-leaf). We want to see how you conceptualize your thoughts from your mind to canvas.
- Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, MP4, or website)
Physical Requirements: Office environment.
Work Conditions: May require evenings and weekends.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Interactive is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that Scientific Games Interactive conducts business. If you are requested by Scientific Games Interactive to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with Williams Interactive may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Scientific Games Interactive encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Recent Job Postings
HTML DeveloperCedar Falls, US
Employee Relations ProfessionalCedar Falls, US
MathematicianCedar Falls, US
Temporary Test EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior Video ArtistCedar Falls or Chicago, US
Temporary Office ManagerAustin, TX, US
Digital Marketing CoordinatorChicago, US
Digital Marketing InternshipCedar Falls, US
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US