Senior Product Manager - Austin Austin, US
Are you a skilled Product Manager seeking a dynamic company to join for the next big step and new challenge in your career? If so, this could be the perfect role for you. Scientific Games’ Interactive division (“SGI”) is at the forefront of the highly innovative and exciting mobile gaming industry.
SGI is a top developer of free-to-play social casino games for Android, iPhone, Kindle, and Facebook web platforms. As a division of Scientific Games, SGI leverages a world-renowned library of real money slot games straight from the floor of Las Vegas casinos. This authentic content has fueled several multi-million download smash hits such as Jackpot Party Casino, Quick Hit Casino, and Gold Fish Casino. The Product Management discipline plays a critical role in building and sustaining SGI’s business, which has experienced explosive growth in the highly competitive social casino space.
Based in our Cedar Falls, IA offices, as Senior Product Manager you'll manage the lifecycle of in-game mechanics and features. You will also be responsible for projecting revenue impact through data and statistical methods, conducting A/B tests to isolate the impact of individual features, and evaluating the results of these tests. You'll work with other Product Managers and Analysts to provide a complete analysis of each element of an individual product to drive revenue and meet the product goals. Your skilled approach and ability to ask good questions, be an active listener and exhibit second-level thinking will all be utilized extensively in this role.
• Work with Executive Producer to calculate ROI of features and prioritize development roadmap accordingly
• Collaborate with designers, artists, and developers to generate and maintain spec documents that guide development work
• Utilize multi-variant testing system to analyze the impact of new features and game optimizations
Live Game Management:
• Manage investigations into game trends and develop associated action plans
• Proactively identify opportunities and risks to the product based on KPI trends, develop execution plans
• Manage day-to-day game operations including new content releases, events, sales, and promotions
• Leverage our game analytics platform to investigate and explain KPI trends, then report findings to the product team and management
Communication and Collaboration:
• Deliver presentations that clearly communicate long-term game vision and roadmap to company executives
• Share feature results, experiment learnings, and best practices with other game team PMs
• Coordinate live product changes with CRM, Loyalty, and Marketing colleagues to maximize the effectiveness of those efforts
• Evaluate notable social/mobile/casino competitors and share key insights
Team Building and Process Improvement:
• Train and mentor junior PMs and Analysts
• Document our processes and best practices
• Constantly seek improvement opportunities in our day-to-day workflows
Education: MBA or equivilant exprience
• 3 years’ experience with at least 1 year Product Management experience
• Experience in Gaming, Social/Mobile, Casino preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· SQL and Data-mining experience
· Expert Excel Skills
· Strong understanding of statistical significance in datasets.
· Understanding of forecasting and statistical modeling
· Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus
· Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
· Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with Developers, QA, Analysts and Producers.
· Excellent Organizational skills
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Product ManagerCedar Falls, US
Senior ProducerCedar Falls, US
Associate Video Artist InternChicago, US
Senior Product Manager - AustinAustin, US
Associate Business AnalystChicago or Cedar Falls, US
User Acquisition ManagerCedar Falls, US
Senior ArtistChicago, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US