Senior Illustrator Cedar Falls, USAct as an integral part of the Phantom Slots team, working both collaboratively with the team and independently to conceive, create, and deliver compelling art, animations, and effects for original slots and other aspects of our games. Senior Illustrators are expected to be well-versed in Adobe products, as well as proprietary tools, illustration, animation, 3D modeling & rendering, color theory, special effects, graphic design and layout, and character design.
- Work with Managers, Designers, and independently to design and create assets for assigned products within the required time frame.
- Create 2D and 3D art for prototypes and polished final art & animations.
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization.
- Design and create UI assets, such as menus and buttons when needed.
- Develop assets compatible with Flash and Unity for Social Media and mobile games.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from Managers, Producers, and other team members.
- Learn new software and adapt to new development processes when necessary.
- Share creative, technical, and development techniques with other team members within the studio.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Required Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a game or production studio environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exceptional talents in multiple artistic categories, including: Illustration and/or 3D modeling & rendering, Color Theory, Animation
- High level of proficiency in two or more of the following: Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, Studio Max
- Experience in MS Office
- High written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to offer valid constructive criticism to co-workers
- Ability to learn, expand talents and skill sets
- Ability to explore new styles and self-assess abilities.
- All applicants MUST provide a Portfolio of professional and/or personal work in Web or Digital format to be considered for interview. Portfolios should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s artistic talents and software proficiency.
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior Director, ControllerChicago, US
ProducerCedar Falls, US
Senior Game Toolkit Developer (Front-End), US
Junior SW EngineerManchester, GB
Associate SW EngineerManchester, GB
Test EngineerManchester, GB