Senior Illustrator Cedar Falls, USThe Senior Illustrator is responsible for creating exemplary art while also coaching the junior artists to greater abilities. The Senior Illustrator is expected to have expert artistic abilities in drawing, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation. Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets into new marketing ads/layouts will be one of the major tasks as well.
• Strong Adobe Illustrator skills.
• Strong Adobe Photoshop skills.
• Create exemplary visual content in regards to graphic layout, color theory, digital art, and animation.
• Mentor younger artists within the studio.
• Work with Managers, CRM’s, and art team to design and create assets for assigned products within the required time frame.
• Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization.
• Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
• Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from Managers, Producers, and other team members.
• Learn new software and adapt to new development processes when necessary.
• Share creative, technical, and development techniques with other team members within the studio.
Education: AAS or BAS in Graphic Design, or equivalent.
Required Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in Agency or Production Studio environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of how to design art for various themes and games.
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Solid traditional drawing and rendering abilities
• Ability to optimize art for various devices/outputs.
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
• Portfolio Submission (website or blog required for pre-interview)
• Working files: please send us a sample of your Photoshop, Flash, After Effect and/or Illustrator files (working files please). We want to see how you organize and setup your art. The files will be accessed before your live interview.
• Samples of sketch work (sketchbook or loose-leaf). We want to see how you conceptualize your thoughts from your mind to canvas.
• Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, MP4, or website)
Physical Requirements: Office environment.
Work Conditions: May require evenings and weekends.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Interactive is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that Scientific Games Interactive conducts business. If you are requested by Scientific Games Interactive to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with Williams Interactive may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Scientific Games Interactive encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Recent Job Postings
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior Director, ControllerChicago, US
ProducerCedar Falls, US
Senior Game Toolkit Developer (Front-End), US
Junior SW EngineerManchester, GB
Associate SW EngineerManchester, GB
Test EngineerManchester, GB