Senior Director of Engineering Cedar Falls, USWe are looking for a highly-qualified candidate to help take an already established, rapidly growing engineering organization to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing increasingly large teams of software engineers, preferably in the social gaming industry. This candidate needs to be passionate about developing an engineering culture and maximizing the teams’ potential.
• Manage a global engineering organization with offices in Cedar Falls, Iowa; Des Moines, Iowa; Austin, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Tel Aviv, Israel
• Evaluate existing talent and refine interviewing process to ensure hiring of high potential individuals
• Define and facilitate professional development opportunities for engineers
• Liaise with product and production teams to advocate for engineering
• Perform 1:1 reviews with engineering leads and provide coaching and mentoring
• Define and oversee engineering “ceremonies” including hackathons, tech talks, etc.
• Work to provide a comprehensive onboarding process for new engineers to indoctrinate them into the company development culture
• Help define processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, reliable, maintainable code
• Provide technical guidance to engineers on best practices for coding, documentation, testing, etc.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant area
Required Experience: 10+ years of professional experience managing teams of software engineers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong fundamental programming skills, particularly in C#, PHP, C++, Python, and/or the Unity 3D game engine
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Understanding of project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment systems
• Understanding of the game development pipeline
• Understanding of RESTful APIs, and client/server interactions
• Experience using AWS or other cloud based infrastructures, CDNs, etc.
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and/or evening hours and travel
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games is a lottery and gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain applicable licenses within one or all of the jurisdictions that Scientific Games conducts business. If you are requested to obtain a license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click the following: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Associate Business AnalystChicago or Cedar Falls, US
User Acquisition ManagerCedar Falls, US
Temporary Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior ArtistChicago, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US