Senior Director, Controller Chicago, USResponsible for overall accounting activities for the global SG Interactive organization including the month-end and year-end close processes. Supervises the accounting team for SG Interactive and works closely with corporate SG accounting team. Reports directly to the CFO of SG Interactive and works with other members of the SG Finance department to ensure financial, accounting, treasury, reporting, tax and internal control activities of SG Interactive are performed timely, accurately and consistent with the best interests of Scientific Games on a consolidated basis and to enable Scientific Games to fulfill its obligations to its constituents, such as the SEC, banks and regulators.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the global SG Interactive accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems, transactions, ledgers and functions (Chicago, Iowa, Gibraltar, Israel).
- Provide guidance on technical accounting issues including analysis of new contracts for correct revenue recognition treatment.
- Responsible for timely preparation and maintenance of financial reports in accordance with US GAAP; including monthly balance sheet, profit and loss and other analysis needed to effectively run the business and achieve stated financial goals.
- Coordinate the provision and review of information for both internal and external audits.
- Develop and maintain a systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Work closely with FP&A to insure a seamless flow of data and reporting.
- Oversee the collection of cash/receivables, preparation of weekly cash flow projections and monthly tax packages.
- Actively participate in review and preparation of SEC filings as they pertain to Interactive information.
- Coordinate with Legal, Compliance, Treasury, Tax and other Scientific Games functional departments as necessary.
- Continually identify and implement improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of data and processes.
- Guide, train and develop accounting team.
- Certified Public Accountant required
- 10+ years of experience in applicable business area; public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in Interactive and/or Technology-related businesses preferred
- Experience working in a multi-national company
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, with emphasis on “Revenue Recognition” rules.
- Proven leadership abilities managing a multi-business accounting team including team building, motivation and management.
- Strong problem solving skills with focus on solutions.
- Ability to interact with users across functions, as well as senior executives.
- Oracle, Hyperion, MS Office
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Recent Job Postings
Senior ProducerAustin, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerAustin, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US
Analytics EngineerChattanooga, US
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources InternCedar Falls, US