Senior Artist Chicago, USEssential Job Functions:
- Create exemplary art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Working to create high quality animations design in After Effects, Animate, and Modo.
- Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets to suite the online gaming market.
- Understanding and implementing assets for HTML5 technology
- Work closely with fellow Artists, and the Art Manager, producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization
- Create art assets and document all art assets created with minimal mistakes.
- Mentor junior artists within the studio.
- Be prepared to assist with scheduling when necessary.
- Develop the ability to represent the studio when necessary.
- Be proficient and effective in digital communications (email & video conference).
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members.
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- UI design and wireframe creation and design mockup iterations.
- Create original art assets and document all art assets created.
- Contribute to the art team in developing visual assets and to optimize production work flow.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Game Art, Animation, or Visual Communications
*note : artistic experience technical savvy required.*
Required Experience: 2-4 years of previous experience as a digital artist / staff artist.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, and After Effects
- Savvy in Modo, or other 3D modeling software on OSX
- General understanding of Unity and other Game Engines (Web Based)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how to design art for various themes and target platform
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Solid traditional drawing and rendering abilities
- Ability to create art and animation for web based games and apps (screen layout, symbol sets) with little guidance.
- Ability to optimize art and animation for web based games and apps (screen layout, symbol sets).
- Portfolio Submission (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Working files: please send us a sample of your Photoshop, Flash, After Effect and/or Illustrator files (working files please). We want to see how you organize and setup your art. The files will be accessed previous to your live interview.
- Samples of sketch work (sketchbook or loose-leaf). We want to see how you conceptualize your thoughts from your mind to canvas.
- Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, MP4, or website)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Mobile (HTML5) and Flash game development
- Understanding of HTML5
- Asset management and version control systems (PerForce)
- Dropbox savvy
Work Conditions: May require evenings and weekends.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Interactive is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that Scientific Games Interactive conducts business. If you are requested by Scientific Games Interactive to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with Williams Interactive may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Scientific Games Interactive encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Artist serves as a mentor to the art team, working independently to create and document all aspects of a game while also coaching the junior artists to greater abilities. Senior Artists are expected to be well-versed in all Adobe products and share this knowledge with junior artists. Senior Artists are expected to have expert artistic abilities in drawing, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation. Re-purposing and modifying some of existing art assets into flash will be one of the major tasks as well.
Recent Job Postings
Conversion ArtistCedar Falls, US
Lead Software EngineerChicago, US
Technical ArtistTel Aviv, IL
Unity Mobile DeveloperTel Aviv, IL
Temporary Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Product ManagerCedar Falls, US
Associate Video Artist InternCedar Falls IA or Austin TX, US
Senior ArtistChicago, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US