Producer Cedar Falls, USThe Producer handles the overall product/project management, development schedules and resource allocation for new game development. The role of a producer oversees the work done by a cross-functional team and motivates staff to reach aggressive goals by ensuring development runs smoothly, communication between the teams is aligned, and the team is focused on clear project tasks/milestones.
- Responsible for ensuring that games are completed on time for release by scheduling design, art and programming.
- Ensure that cross-functional teams have the assets necessary to successfully meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Responsible for mentorship, conflict resolution, and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
- Maintain project schedules, milestones, benchmarks, and releases.
- Conduct regular planning and review sessions with team members; identifying future problems and strategies to avoid them.
- Drive game development and lead the team by:
- Managing initial and ongoing development of detailed written game and technical specifications
- Reviewing games with quality and consistency in mind and provide constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or managing projects
- Project management experience and demonstrable track record of scheduling and completing projects on time
- Knowledge of game mechanics, balancing, pacing, and developing games for retail, mobile, casual, and free-to-play games
- Familiarity with game play features of current casino video and mechanical slots
- Video game development, particularly in mathematical and puzzle games
- Passion to create fun games with an engaging player experience
- Adept with Word and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in project management software (Microsoft Project, Rally, etc..)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US
Senior Director, ControllerChicago, US
ProducerCedar Falls, US
Senior Game Toolkit Developer (Front-End), US
Junior SW EngineerManchester, GB
Associate SW EngineerManchester, GB
Test EngineerManchester, GB