Mathematician Cedar Falls, US<span rgb(51,="" 51,="" 51);="" font-size:="" 13px;="" background-color:="" rgb(255,="" 255,="" 255);="" font-family:="" arial,="" helvetica,="" clean,="" sans-serif;"="">Assist in the design of math models for gaming products and work closely with the game development artists, sound designers, game designers and producers.
Assist in the design of math models for gaming products and work closely with the game development artists, sound designers, game designers and producers.
Essential Job Functions:
· Actively participate in game design team discussions that include: artists, sound designers, engineers, designers and producers.
· Work with mathematicians and designers to develop proof of concept and feasibility of game concepts.
· Assist in the development and proof of math models for casino games.
· Contribute to new game design/conception
· Interface with systems engineers and other game design staff to help prototype games.
· Work with mathematician and engineers to verify math model is properly implemented.
· Interface with product test department and regulatory agencies to prove each math model.
· Maintain, update, and organize math models and related information; ensure reports are up to date
· Provide computer simulation and analysis of existing and new math models.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to interface and communicate with other members of the game development staff.
· Ability to bring projects to completion.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics preferred; Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Physics or other science field with a strong mathematical background considered.
Required Experience: Some experience with computer programming helpful, especially C++.
· Game development experience
· Strong understanding of probability and chance as it relates to game play
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
Recent Job Postings
Technical ArtistTel Aviv, IL
Unity Mobile DeveloperTel Aviv, IL
Temporary Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Senior ArtistChicago, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US
MathematicianCedar Falls, US
Temporary Test EngineerCedar Falls, US
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior Game Toolkit Developer (Front-End), US