Mathematician Cedar Falls, USAssist in the design of math models for gaming products and work closely with the game development artists, sound designers, game designers and producers.
• Actively participate in game design team discussions that include: artists, sound designers, engineers, designers and producers.
• Work with mathematicians and designers to develop proof of concept and feasibility of game concepts.
• Assist in the development and proof of math models for casino games.
• Contribute to new game design/conception
• Interface with systems engineers and other game design staff to help prototype games.
• Work with mathematician and engineers to verify math model is properly implemented.
• Interface with product test department and regulatory agencies to prove each math model.
• Maintain, update, and organize math models and related information; ensure reports are up to date
• Provide computer simulation and analysis of existing and new math models
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interface and communicate with other members of the game development staff.
• Ability to bring projects to completion.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics preferred; Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Physics or other science field with a strong mathematical background considered.
Required Experience: Some experience with computer programming helpful, especially C++.
• Game development experience
• Strong understanding of probability and chance as it relates to game play
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
HTML DeveloperCedar Falls, US
Employee Relations ProfessionalCedar Falls, US
MathematicianCedar Falls, US
Temporary Test EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior Video ArtistCedar Falls or Chicago, US
Temporary Office ManagerAustin, TX, US
Digital Marketing CoordinatorChicago, US
Digital Marketing InternshipCedar Falls, US
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US