Full-Stack Developer - UK Manchester, GB
Initially, you will be working on our client and server side partner adapter layers for our Real Money gaming platform. These layers allow SGi systems to communicate with customer gaming systems. These interfaces will be pre-defined, although input into the designs would also be expected.
Essential Job Functions:
· Onboarding customers, ensuring that questions are answered, tests are passed, games play, transactions are recorded. Providing any other assistance as required to get a customer live.
· Development work as required to meet bespoke requirements of larger customers or regulatory bodies.
· Responsible for 3rd line support of existing and newly developed interfaces when appropriate.
· Cross team and cross function work, with internal and customer-based teams in and around the UK, Europe, India and the USA.
Here are a few general areas of focus for this role:
· Full Java stack development (Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Hibernate, JAX-RS)
· Build tools (Jenkins, Maven, Gulp)
· Configuration Management tools (Puppet)
· Hosting (EC2, VMWare)
· Platform as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, CoreOs)
Education: BA/BS in CS or Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· We are a polyglot shop, so you will already have or quickly gain a strong aptitude in a few select technologies.
· This role will involve full stack development, so experience on the front end and back end is required.
· Basic experience with current web application development libraries (i.e., jquery, bootstrap, react, backbone)
· Basic experience working with web services (REST and older web services)
· Demonstrated OO design experience, with a good understanding of SOLID principles
· Experience working with distributed agile technical and non-technical groups across an organization
· A clear history of self-direction on complex projects, excellent communication skills, and a portfolio (github) that demonstrates these.
· Good communication skills are paramount for this role.
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require evening and weekend hours
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
PPC ManagerCedar Falls, US
PPC ManagerAustin, US
Senior Game Marketing ManagerAustin, US
Associate Product ManagerCedar Falls, US
Temporary MathematicianCedar Falls, US
Associate Lead Test EngineerCedar Falls, US
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Product Manager InternCedar Falls, US
Illustrator/AnimatorCedar Falls, US
Senior Principal Software EngineerCedar Falls, US