Employee Relations Professional Cedar Falls, USFirst line human resources support to management and employees for social casino business in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Looking for an HR professional who thrives in a fast paced work environment and who has a passion for helping others achieve their potential. Duties include: employee relations, management coaching and consultation, compensation administration, recruiting, organizational development and change management. Simultaneously fostering a culture of fun, passion and commitment to excellence in all we do.
· Day-to-day support of the regional management and team members in Cedar Falls, Iowa, office and other offices as needed
· Facilitates and supports the development local and companywide onboarding and training programs
· Responds to employee relations issues such as performance management, employee concerns and suggestions, management coaching, policy interpretation and administration, and investigations
· Stays current on federal, state, and case law and monitors labor law updates and newsletters
· Assists in development, modification and execution of personnel policies, forms and procedures
· Supports managers in workforce planning, organizational development and change management
· Supports projects to improve and administer HR department data management related to HRIS, employee forms and data processing
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
· Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, standards and regulations through training, coaching and counseling
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or a related field
Required Experience: 3-5 years in Human Resources including a background in recruitment, employee relations, and/or training
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management at all levels through complex, difficult, emotional, and sensitive issues
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government regulations and all applicable laws
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledge of MS Office products
Work Conditions: May require weekend and/or evening hours and travel
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
HTML DeveloperCedar Falls, US
Employee Relations ProfessionalCedar Falls, US
MathematicianCedar Falls, US
Temporary Test EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior Video ArtistCedar Falls or Chicago, US
Temporary Office ManagerAustin, TX, US
Digital Marketing CoordinatorChicago, US
Digital Marketing InternshipCedar Falls, US
Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior IllustratorCedar Falls, US