Counsel Chicago, USProvide legal support to our fast paced, growing interactive division, which incorporates both social gaming and real money wagering. Responsibilities will include the drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts ranging from simple consulting agreements to complex licensing arrangements, providing advice with respect to privacy law, contests and promotions, corporate governance, IT, data security and cyberlaw issues and participating in all aspects of the company’s global compliance with gaming laws and regulations (primarily as they apply to our Interactive business). All facets of the business are international in nature.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advise on, negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements related to online wagering, social, and casual gaming, game server licenses and other agreements, managed services, marketing agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
- Advise on, negotiate and draft agreements related to the acquisition and development of content and technology such as intellectual property licenses and consulting agreements.
- Advise on, negotiate and draft agreements and rules related to promotions, sweepstakes and advertising.
- Participate in all aspects of the division’s merger and acquisition activity including due diligence, drafting or assisting with stock and asset purchase agreements, and developing and implementation integration plans.
- Coordinate with the company compliance department to advise on compliance with applicable gaming laws and regulations; support the compliance department in the drafting of regulatory license applications.
- Advise on and manage and coordinate activities of outside counsel when necessary (typically for international advice).
Required Work Experience/Certifications/Licenses:
· Admitted to practice law in good standing
· Minimum of 1 year of general commercial contract drafting and negotiating experience
Preferred Work Experience (not required)
· Major law firm experience
· Gaming industry or entertainment industry and intellectual property licensing experience
· Gaming regulatory experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Proven and extensive experience in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
· Self-motivation and ability to prioritize high volumes of responsibilities a must
· Outstanding legal writing and communication skills
· Strong ability to work independently and exercise sound legal reasoning, analysis and judgment
· Excellent client relation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to assess risk and effectively communicate such risk to the business
Work Conditions: Office environment. May require infrequent travel. May require weekend and evening hours.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Recent Job Postings
Associate Business AnalystChicago or Cedar Falls, US
User Acquisition ManagerCedar Falls, US
Temporary Software EngineerCedar Falls, US
Senior ArtistChicago, US
Senior Director of EngineeringCedar Falls, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US