Associate Technical Artist Cedar Falls, USAssociate Technical Artists Conversion work to assemble, document, and at times assist in recreating all aspects of a slot game being ported to or created for Social platforms. Associate Technical Artists are expected to already be well-versed in several Adobe products, but also expected to continually learn new software skills, including proprietary animation and effects software. Rudimentary knowledge of the best way to assemble, compress and ability to efficiently deliver assets through the game development pipeline is essential. Associate Technical Artists are expected to have some artistic abilities or understanding of drawing, rendering, graphic design, color theory, layout, character design, and animation and how these specialties work together with software engineers in a development studio.
- Follow standards and process for converting existing assets into previously established formats and form factors suitable for online delivery. Convert and deliver these assets.
- Demonstrate understanding of all software used in conversion, art, animation and effects development.
- Assist in developing standards, processes, and proprietary tools along with Conversion Managers and Engineers.
- Demonstrate good file structure in artistic source, directory and version management.
- Communicating between engineers, designer and any non-technical artists to package assets in the most efficient manner for quality products for the target platform.
- Continually sharpen software expertise through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members.
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Assist Conversion Artists, Conversion Managers, and other art team members in all of the above.
- Bachelor of Arts in art/animation or technical degree with extensive artistic experience
- 1-2 years previous experience as a digital artist with a measurable amount of technical responsibility.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Flash, After Effects
- General understanding of UI design and development in Flash
- Scripting and/or animation abilities and knowledge of event driven programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how to design art for various themes and target platform
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Flash game development
- Unity game development
- ActionScript3 knowledge
- Display tree rendering and object organization
- Asset management and version systems
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.
Recent Job Postings
Test EngineerAustin, US
Associate Technical ArtistCedar Falls, US
Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Software EngineerChattanooga, US
Customer Relationship ManagerChattanooga, US
Analytics EngineerChattanooga, US
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources InternCedar Falls, US
Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)Austin, US
Temporary Copywriter and Community ManagerAustin, US