Associate Producer Austin, US
The Associate Producer assists in handling the overall product/project management, development schedules and resource allocation for new game development. This position helps to oversee the work done by a cross-functional team and motivates staff to reach aggressive goals by ensuring development runs smoothly, communication between the departments is aligned, and the team is focused on clear project tasks/milestones.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsibilities focused on completing the game on time for release and scheduling design, art, and programing so the cross-functional team has the assets necessary to successfully meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Assists with mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
- Assists in creating and maintaining project schedules, milestones, benchmarks, and release
- Conducts regular planning and review sessions with team members; identifying future problems and identifies strategies to avoid them
- Assisting with creation of initial and ongoing development of detailed written game and technical specifications
- Reviewing the games with quality and consistency in mind and providing constructive feedback
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional work experience in social gaming or related field.
- 1+ years of experience mentoring and training new team members or serving as a team leader in managing projects.
- Knowledge of current trends in video gaming and online gaming in the mobile, social/casual, console, and PC markets
- Familiarity with game play features of current casino video and mechanical slots
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of game mechanics, balancing, pacing, and developing games for retail, mobile, casual, and free-to-play games
- Passion to create fun games with an engaging player experience
- Skill in Word and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Familiarity with Project management software (Rally, basecamp, etc..)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
Recent Job Postings
Associate Test EngineerAustin, US
Principal Software EngineerChicago, US
HTML SpecialistCedar Falls, US
Associate ProducerAustin, US
Temporary Test EngineerChattanooga, US
Brand Marketing Specialist, US
Senior Manager Accounting, US
Executive Producer, US
Product Manager, US
Product ManagerCedar Falls, US